*For the free version, continue to scroll down this post.*
**You can purchase the ad-free, printer-friendly version by clicking here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/879070921/pdf-crochet-pattern-18-doll-ribbed**
***To view all crochet patterns available in my store, click here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrownCountryCrochet***
- #4 Worsted Weight Yarn
- F (3.75 mm) hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Row counter & stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Berroco Vintage 1 skein in Snow Day
- Sc – single crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Dec – decrease
- Inc – increase
- St – stitch
- Sl St – slip stitch
- Ch – chain
- Fpdc – front post double crochet
- Fpdc2tog – front post double crochet two together
- Bpdc – back post double crochet
- Bpdc2tog – back post double crochet two together
- Hdc2tog – half double crochet two together
Notes & Tips
- Rounds are joined with slip stitches in the top ch at the beginning of the round. Place marker at the second chain at the beginning of the round.
- The beginning ch 2 should be counted as the first st throughout the pattern. This stitch will blend into the ribbing pattern.
- Make secure, firm stitches. Follow gauge for correct size of clothing.
20 hdc over 12 rows equals 4” square
With F hook and white, ch 60. Sl st to the first ch to create a ring.
Row 1. Ch 2 (counts as the first hdc here and throughout), hdc in each st around. Sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (60 sts)
Row 2. Ch 2, *fpdc in the next 2 sts, bpdc in the next 2 sts. Repeat from * around, bpdc in the last st, sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (60 sts)
Row 3-18. Repeat row 2.
Row 19. Ch 2, *fpdc in the next 2 sts, bpdc2tog. Repeat from * around. Skip the last back post st, sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (45 sts)
Row 20. Ch 2, *fpdc2tog, bpdc. Repeat from * around. Fpdc2tog over the last 2 sts. Sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (30 sts)
Row 21. Ch 2, dec around by working post stitches as follows *yarn over, enter front post of the next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on the hook (there will be 2 remaining loops on the hook), yarn over, insert hook through the back post of the next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on the hook (there will be 3 remaining loops on the hook), yarn over and pull through all three loops. Repeat from * around, fpdc in the last st. Sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (16 sts)
Row 22. Ch 2, *hdc2tog. Repeat from * around. Hdc in the last st. sl st to the top of beginning ch 2. (9 sts)
Fasten off. Weave tail through the front loop of the remaining sts to close gap. Secure and weave in ends.
Create a 2” diameter pom pom. Sew to the top of the beanie. Weave in ends.
Fold the bottom of the beanie up as desired to create a cuffed brim.
Doll is American Girl Truly Me 65, Jacket is by Silly Monkey, Leggings are by Designs by Doreen, Shoes by Silly Monkey